Followers

Monday 14 February 2011

Flower Card

Hi, and Happy Valentines Day to you all. I'm in the middle of cooking a nice dinner for Steve and me, the kids have already been fed and packed off upstairs to amuse themselves in their rooms, I'm such an evil mummy, but that's where they spend all their time anyway.

This card i made for the challenge at http://mamidoodles.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-20-flower-card.html which was to make a flower card. So i thought i would make my own flower similar to the one in Simply Cards and Papercraft, and I'm very pleased with the result.

I started off by cutting 6 scalloped circles from double sided card, edged each one with a pink pro marker and folded them into cones. Then i stuck each one, slightly overlapping each other, onto a circle of basic card stock, and glued a button to the centre before covering it in clear glitter glue. Then i cut some holly leaves that i got from an old Christmas wreath and rounded them off, and glittered theses too. I used some blue textured mulberry paper to be my backing paper and a simple birthday greeting from peel-offs. Then i stuck the leave on and the flower with foam pads to raise it up slightly.

Simple but nice i think, Kate xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

xx thank you for all your comments xx

 
[URL=http://s346.photobucket.com/user/skateds/media/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png.html][IMG]http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p429/skateds/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png[/IMG][/URL]