Followers

Friday 3 June 2016

Pretty Poppys

Hi Bloggers

I wasn't really sure whether to say 'Good Morning' or 'Good Night' seeing as its 12.48am right now so I went with the simple Hi :-)

I wanted to share something I made a couple of days ago, something a bit different for me


Now I know that when we moved to the bungalow I was going to stop saving everything with the intention of using them for some sort of project but I just couldn't throw away the plastic rings from the inside of dst rolls, they would make great mini wreaths. So thats what I did

I just love poppy stamps, dies and images and the stamp I used for these flowers was in a freebie set, along with the dies, in a Crafters Companion magazine pack. I stamped them with a brown inkpad and coloured with ProMarkers in Cornflower, Denim & Pastel blues. 
Firstly I covered the whole of the plastic ring with the blue gingham ribbon, leaving long tails and making a hanging loop at the top. Once the ring was covered I layered up the poppy petals, added the centres and used Glossy Accents on them for a bit of shine. I made the banner myself, coloured with the same blue markers, edged with the brown inkpad, and I used a small £1 alphabet stamp set from Hobbycraft. The sentiment isn't perfectly straight but I'm happy with it 

I hope you like it, and I have more rings saved to make more wreaths 
:-)

Happy Crafting
xxx
 photo 11997475_500528020124756_817168770_n.jpg

I would like to enter this into these challenges:

5 comments:

  1. What a fun and pretty project! Great banner for your craft room! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever idea and great job of recycling. Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous recycle project, the little wreath is delightful. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments and hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your wreath looks beautiful. Great idea!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Digital Delights. Good luck!
    Nick DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your wreath looks beautiful. Great idea!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Digital Delights. Good luck!
    Nick DT

    ReplyDelete

xx thank you for all your comments xx

 
[URL=http://s346.photobucket.com/user/skateds/media/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png.html][IMG]http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p429/skateds/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png[/IMG][/URL]