Followers

Thursday 22 October 2015

New Release from SLSLines

Hi Bloggers

Today I am sharing one of the great New Release images from



I was lucky enough to be able to play with the image

Day of the Dead Sugar Skull 3


I love the whole Sugar Skull trend and wanted to make something for me with this image, so I decided to use it on a page in my Doodle Smash! Book. I've not smashed for well over a year but I really enjoyed doing this page
I coloured the fab image in 3 different colourways so I could decide which one I wanted to use ............ and ended up using all 3 :)




I coloured them all with my ProMarkers and stuck them to torn pieces of papers from my offcuts draw. While I was colouring them I thought that a sugar skull would be the perfect thing to cover an old tattoo of mine and decided to have a go at drawing my own


I had so many ideas that I decided I should really do some research about them. I am going to have another go at designing my own to celebrate my nan, who we lost 14years ago, and as she loved nothing more than to be in the garden there will be no trouble having lots of flowers, leaves and curly tendrils on my skull
So back to my project. I wanted my page to be kinda interactive so quite simply attached my skulls with washi tape so the images flipped open to reveal my own attempt underneath

I hope you like my take on this fab new digi image, and don't forget to head over to the main blog where you will find all the other DT members great makes with all the New Release images

Happy Crafting
xxx
 photo 11997475_500528020124756_817168770_n.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Love the way you colored each of the sugar skulls. Such a cool image, and a great way to use them. Thank you for joining our 'Trick or Treat' challenge over at The Paper Shelter. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card Kate! Each skull is very unique and colored awesome :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you coloured the skulls and great card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with An Attitude. Helen DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great how you coloured the skulls.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    Good luck. xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection of sugar skull images here. Love your own version as well. Thank you for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. Hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    The Paper Shelter DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colouring - fab smash page.Sorry I'm late popping in but thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Challenges.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

xx thank you for all your comments xx

 
[URL=http://s346.photobucket.com/user/skateds/media/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png.html][IMG]http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p429/skateds/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png[/IMG][/URL]