Followers

Monday 8 July 2013

Thank You

Good Morning Bloggers

Its time for another challenge at Creative Creations Challenges and this week the theme is
'THANK YOU TEACHER'
and our fantastic sponsor is

MayzyArt

Now as my children are 20 and 17 I don't have any thank you teacher cards to make, so I came up with an idea I thought still stuck pretty closely to the 'school' theme. What do you think?


I brought a cheap A5 notebook and covered the front with plain red card, sticking it about 5mm from the wire bound side to give enough room to open without the wires digging in to the card. I then found a piece of creamy coloured embossed card that matched the colours I had used for the digi perfect (yes I know people say you should choose papers first and then colour but no matter how many times I try to do that i always end up colouring first lol). Sticking to the red, cream and green theme I had going on, I layered up another piece of red card stock that I had embossed with swiss dots onto green paper. To add a touch of bling I found a scrap of green handmade paper to use for the sentiment tag and some metallic alphas I believe came from the £shop a while ago. Then I went completely OTT and cut off loads of strips of ribbon around 150mm and tied them randomly to each of the coils of wire and 
TA_DAAAAA
a pretty notebook that would be suitable as a teacher gift had i teachers to make gifts for

I hope you pop along and enter the challenge, I look forward to seeing all your fab makes

1 comment:

  1. this is gorgeous katee.adorable image and I love your colours and fab ribbons ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

xx thank you for all your comments xx

 
[URL=http://s346.photobucket.com/user/skateds/media/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png.html][IMG]http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p429/skateds/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png[/IMG][/URL]