Followers

Monday 18 April 2011

A Great Day & My 1st Go With Acetate

Hello all, hope you have had a fabby day today, i know i have and i cant believe my luck at the mo. Not only have i won 1st place on 2 challenge blog in the past 2 weeks, but today i found out i got 1st place at another challenge blog, Tuesday Morning Sketchers AND i won my 1st blog candy, from a lovely lady Aggieboo on DC. I knw i should of done the lottery this weekend :D

Ok so onto the not so great part of my day. there's a challenge blog out there that has really been testing me since it started, but ive not missed a challenge yet. So when they posted this weeks challenge as being ACETATE well my chin hit the floor and i felt like crying. I had no idea what to do with acetate or even if i possessed any!!!!!!
Well thanks to some great friends on DC, i dont know where i would be without those folks, i managed to find some and had a few ideas of what to do with it, other than hide it back in a draw again.

This is the result of a couple of my hours today

I made a great start by embossing my bit of acetate, and it looked good. So next step, what the heck was i going to do with a pretty bit of acetate???? I decided that i liked the look of it plain, so didnt colour it and cut a strip of it, backed it with white card and then backed that with a thicker strip of black linen effect card. Ok so far so good. Now it looked nice but a bit plain, so added 3 red gems, nice with a touch of sparkle, but still not quite right, so added a bit of red ribbon top and bottom, perfect.
I mounted the whole thing onto a square white card and added a simple sentiment i found lurking in one of my drawers.
Not a bad 1st attempt at acetate even if i do say so myself, but PLEASE no more acetate challenges anyone :D

Kate xxx

I would like to enter this into the following challenges :

http://someoddgirl.blogspot.com/2011/04/cas-challenge.html

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2011/04/week-11-theme-acetate.html

http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/2011/04/paper-sundaes-challenge-65-texture.html

17 comments:

  1. you got there in the end,its fab,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would do it! Clever Kate and it's a fab card too! Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a FAB Card Kate well done...Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very striking card Kate, great embossing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very dynamic card and beautifully executed.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!
    I do think acetate embosses so well
    Your card is striking
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the embossed acetate and would never have thought to do it! It looks gorgeous with the black and red too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who said they didn't like acetate!.. I hope we've had a few converts this week... we've definitely had lots of inspiring cards submitted this time.
    This is lovely, I can see why you're pleased with it.
    Something has occurred to me this time round... because of the loyalty of LIMettes they have tried to complete each challenge and so have worked on challenges for us, that anywhere else they would have just not bothered to do!
    So thanks for doing this super card Kate!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...looks like you figured out how to use the acetate...and you did a great job with it too! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay to you! :) Looks very elegant and chic! Great effort and the card has turned out lovely!
    Congrats on all your wins! I can imagine how happy you must be feeling! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way to embossed the acetate, I never thought about embossing it, lovely card.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! I really like the embossed acetate and the splash of colour from the ribbon!

    And many congratulations on your various wins - you must be feeling fantastic right now :) Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fun card, how awesome is embossing acetate?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card looks stunning. Love the embossing and teaming up with red and black. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card Kate, I think the embossing is fab.

    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful - lovely piece of work.

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. very elegant! Love the embossed stripe in the middle!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

xx thank you for all your comments xx

 
[URL=http://s346.photobucket.com/user/skateds/media/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png.html][IMG]http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p429/skateds/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png[/IMG][/URL]